I have tested the migration on my development system and now let’s migrate the production system ! See my previous article.
You will find below the steps of the migration:
- Activate the maintenance mode
- sudo -u www-data touch maintenance.flag
- Backup the magento directory and backup the database
- Activate the logging into the admin configuration
- Disable cron.php running into the crontab (crontab -e)
- Execute the migration to version 1.8 :
- ./mage list-installed
- ./mage upgrade-all
- chown -R www-data:www-data magento
- rm -rf magento/var/cache magento/var/full_page_cache magento/var/locks magento/var/session
- restart apache or nginx
- (if used) restart php5-fpm
- (if needed) Extract your template files into the magento directory
- (if needed) Modify your design
- Exit from the maintenance mode
- rm maintenance.flag
I had a problem with memcached and the restart of apache/nginx/php5-fpm has resolved the issue.
Note: I decline my responsability for any issue.
See my e-commerce store : MyStockPhoto !
Don’t hesitate to leave a comment or donate,
You may be interrested by my Magento Module API : Myapi_Myconf !