As you have certainly seen, there is an upgrade from Magento version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11.
I have tested the upgrade using the mage command on my test environment : I had taken the precaution to disable the cache and the compilation … and my website no longer works !
I restore my backup and I will try the downloader upgrade !
Update 1 : Thru the downloader page, It is better and the majority of the package were upgraded but only one failed : Magento_Mobile :
CONNECT ERROR: Package community/Magento_Mobile failed: Package release 'Magento_Mobile' not found on server
Update 2 : I have downloaded the full Magento archive from the 18.104.22.168 version and restored my files (modules, skin, config, …). I have got a blank screen when I tried to connect to the admin page. So I have enabled the debug mode and the error is saying that the Mage_Install_Controller_Router_Install class is not found.
In fact, this class comes with the SUPEE-5994 patch !
# sh PATCH_SUPEE-5994_EE_22.214.171.124_v1-2015-05-14-05-05-02.sh
The installation of this patch fixes the blank page.
I have upgraded my production server following these steps :
- Backup your config, modules, skin : tar -cvf ../mymodules-prod.tar app/etc/*.xml ….
- Extract the magento archive into an another directory: tar -xjvf magento-126.96.36.199.tar-2015-04-30-01-03-32.bz2
- Extract your backup : tar -xvf ../mymodules-prod.tar
- Apply the patch : sh PATCH_SUPEE-5994_EE_188.8.131.52_v1-2015-05-14-05-05-02.sh
- then you will need to recompile, reindex, refresh the cache.
I remember my advise : test it on a development system first !